Hastings High School places a high value on providing good quality careers education, information and guidance (CEIAG) advice to support students of all abilities. This is developed throughout a student’s time at the school and is always supportive of their aspirations, strengths and skills. The focus of the support is aimed at raising awareness of career pathways, career choices and Post 16 destination pathways.
We aim to:
- Prepare students for the transition to life beyond secondary school (higher education and the world of work)
- Support students in making informed decisions which are suitable and ambitious for them
- Provide students with well-rounded experiences relating to CEIAG
- Develop characteristics e.g. social skills, communication, innovation, resilience and leadership which support high achieving students in the curriculum and in their careers
- Inspire and motivate students to develop their aspirations
Monitoring and Evaluation
The Hastings High School Careers Leader will monitor and evaluate the compliance and delivery of the Gatsby benchmarks utilising the COMPASS auditing tool provided by the Careers and Enterprise Company. The Careers Leader will also meet regularly with the Leicester & Leicestershire Enterprise Provider (LLEP) and have a named Enterprise Advisor from the Enterprise Adviser Network (EAN).
Careers leader: Graeme Bonser – [email protected]
Provider Access Policy
Hastings High School wishes to maintain strong and meaningful links with local education providers and actively promotes interactions between Post 16 providers and pupils in an impartial manner.
Providers seeking access to pupils will initially be referred to the Careers Leader (Graeme Bonser – [email protected]) who will then facilitate access to pupils within relevant year groups. The Careers Leader in conjunction with Pastoral Leaders will consider how best to respond to specific requests and accommodate the request and integrate the encounter as part of the pastoral programme. Requests that are immediate, without specific time to integrate into the programme may be declined, and an alternate date offered.
|Year Group||Typical Activities|